Ready to join? Go to this page and select SOC from the list of clubs.
There are two membership options available - Full and Associate.
Full Membership is appropriate for anyone in South Hampshire interested in orienteering.
Full Membership gives you:
1. Membership of Southampton Orienteering Club (SOC) which includes:
- Regular copies of the club newsletter SOCKET
- Attendance at training events and mentoring sessions
- Opportunities to develop skills as mapper, planner or organiser of SOC events
- Attendance at SOC social events
- Opportunities to participate in relays
2. Membership of the South Central Orienteering Association (SCOA)
3. National Membership of the British Orienteering, which includes:
- You will pay a reduced entry fee at most orienteering events
- You will be eligible to compete in major competitions such as the British Championships
- Your successes will be recognised through the 'Navigational Challenge' and 'Racing Challenge' incentive schemes
- You can access discounts from British Orienteering's partners: a full list of discounts can be found here
- You will be able to score Ranking points at all Regional, National and Major Events
(if you are 16 or over)
- You will have access to many resources in the members' section of the website
- You will have Public Liability Insurance when participating in events and activities registered with British Orienteering
- You will be able to receive the monthly member email newsletter
- You can vote at the British Orienteering Annual General Meeting
Associate Membership is for those who just wish to attend SOC local or social events, or for those to whom SOC is a second club.
Associate Membership gives you:
- Membership of SOC plus regular copies of the club newsletter SOCKET
SOC encourages all members who orienteer regularly to be Full Members.
The membership year runs from 1st January to 31st December.
Anyone joining on or after 1st November will be granted membership until the end of the following year, i.e. anyone joining on or after 1st November 2019 will be granted membership until the 31st December 2020.
Membership fees for Full Membership are made up of three elements, the Club Fee, the Association Fee, and the British Orienteering Fee.
These fees for 2020 are as follows:
|Type||SOC Fee||SCOA Fee||British Orienteering National Fee||Total Payable|
- Senior - an individual aged 21 or over during 2020.
- Junior - an individual aged under 21 throughout 2020.
- Family - Family fees are simply calculated according to the number of Seniors / Juniors in the family.
- Students are charged for membership according to age. It is worth registering as a full-time student (documentary proof of status required) as students are allowed to run at Junior rates at some club's events. At SOC events all adults under 25 are eligible for junior rates.
Payment of fees for Full or Local Membership is made directly to British Orienteering using the British Orienteering Membership Form. Alternatively, join online by clicking here, select SOC for the club.
|Group1||£ On Application2|
- Group - a bona-fide youth group providing activities for young persons aged 18 and under
- The group fee for associate membership is waived for schools that are members of the British Schools Orienteering Association (BSOA)
Payment of fees for Associate Membership is made to SOC using the SOC Associate Membership form.
As rates may change on 1st November each year, please check that the information given is current.
Please contact the Membership Secretary for any assistance or further information.